UniTube: Retirement of Service
The Higher Education Development Centre created UniTube, and have been providing software updates and bug
fixes. However, HEDC is no longer in a position to provide service updates, and as such, UniTube will
not be supported beyond mid-2018 (we have extended the date to allow people to find alternate hosting services).
While you can continue to use UniTube until then, you may wish to consider
using another media hosting service, such as
Podcasting (http://www.otago.ac.nz/podcasts) or
Otago Capture (http://www.otago.ac.nz/capture),
and if your media is public, YouTube (http://www.youtube.com).
If you need assistance to select an alternative hosting service, please contact the IT Service Desk.
- Login by clicking on the login button, top right of screen. This will take you to a page where you will be
prompted to enter your usual University of Otago login details. Once you are logged in, you will be taken to
the 'My Media' area of UniTube. You will see your username at the top right of the screen.
- You will see that you have an option to upload a media file.
- Click on 'Choose File' and select the file you want to upload from your own computer system. 'Public' is the
default setting. For an explanation of the public, unlisted and private settings, click on 'Show more' next
to the heading 'UniTube security and privacy'.)
- Click 'Upload'.
- You will see a message saying that your media is being uploaded, with a link to click on in order to see
your file. Depending on the file size, this may take some time (a few minutes).
- Click on the link to see your file. You will also receive an email notification stating that you have
uploaded the file. The link to the file will be included in the email.
- You will now be able to see your media file. Underneath it will be the URL (web address) and embed codes for
you to copy and share with others.