UniTube: Retirement of Service
The Higher Education Development Centre created UniTube, and have been providing software updates and bug
fixes. However, HEDC is no longer in a position to provide service updates, and as such, UniTube will
not be supported beyond mid-2018 (we have extended the date to allow people to find alternate hosting services).
While you can continue to use UniTube until then, you may wish to consider
using another media hosting service, such as
Podcasting (http://www.otago.ac.nz/podcasts) or
Otago Capture (http://www.otago.ac.nz/capture),
and if your media is public, YouTube (http://www.youtube.com).
If you need assistance to select an alternative hosting service, please contact the IT Service Desk.
- From your 'My Media' page, click on 'Create New Album'.
- You will now be on the 'Edit album' page. The 'Album name' and 'Album description' fields will be blank.
Give your new album a name, and optionally type in a description for it.
- Select whether your album is to be 'Public' or 'Unlisted'. If an album is 'Public', it is important
that all the media in it are also public. If an album is 'Unlisted' then all media in it should also be
- Click 'Save'.
- You will now see your new album listed on the 'My Albums' page.
- Click on 'My Media' to return to the 'My Media' page.
- Click on the check box next to the media that you would like to add to your album.
- Choose your new album from the drop down list 'Add to Album'.
- The album name will appear next to the media you have chosen. Just to check, click on the album and you
should see all the media you have listed from within the 'View Album' page. If you cannot see any or some of
your media it will be because the media and the album are assigned different access levels: unlisted or
public. To check the access level of your album, click on ?My Albums' from the ?My Media' page and then
click on the name of the album. This will open the 'Album edit' page and you can check or change the access
type: ?Public' or ?Unlisted'.
- In the 'My Albums' list, click on the album's URL to view its contents. You can reorder media within the
album by dragging and dropping them into the right place.