UniTube: Retirement of Service
Unitube is reaching the end of its service and will not be available beyond the end of 2018. We strongly encourage users to migrate their media to other hosting platforms such as Otago Podcasts, Otago Capture or external hosting services such as YouTube or Vimeo. For students of MART333 in 2018: Unitube is still available for you to upload your assignments to and you should follow the instructions provided by your teaching staff. If you require any assistance on migrating content or selecting a new hosting provider please contact the ITS Service Desk
- From your 'My Media' page, click on 'Create New Album'.
- You will now be on the 'Edit album' page. The 'Album name' and 'Album description' fields will be blank.
Give your new album a name, and optionally type in a description for it.
- Select whether your album is to be 'Public' or 'Unlisted'. If an album is 'Public', it is important
that all the media in it are also public. If an album is 'Unlisted' then all media in it should also be
- Click 'Save'.
- You will now see your new album listed on the 'My Albums' page.
- Click on 'My Media' to return to the 'My Media' page.
- Click on the check box next to the media that you would like to add to your album.
- Choose your new album from the drop down list 'Add to Album'.
- The album name will appear next to the media you have chosen. Just to check, click on the album and you
should see all the media you have listed from within the 'View Album' page. If you cannot see any or some of
your media it will be because the media and the album are assigned different access levels: unlisted or
public. To check the access level of your album, click on ?My Albums' from the ?My Media' page and then
click on the name of the album. This will open the 'Album edit' page and you can check or change the access
type: ?Public' or ?Unlisted'.
- In the 'My Albums' list, click on the album's URL to view its contents. You can reorder media within the
album by dragging and dropping them into the right place.