UniTube: Retirement of Service
The Higher Education Development Centre created UniTube, and have been providing software updates and bug
fixes. However, HEDC is no longer in a position to provide service updates, and as such, UniTube will
not be supported beyond mid-2018 (we have extended the date to allow people to find alternate hosting services).
While you can continue to use UniTube until then, you may wish to consider
using another media hosting service, such as
Podcasting (http://www.otago.ac.nz/podcasts) or
Otago Capture (http://www.otago.ac.nz/capture),
and if your media is public, YouTube (http://www.youtube.com).
If you need assistance to select an alternative hosting service, please contact the IT Service Desk.
- Open your email client and create a new message.
- Put email@example.com in the To: field
- You can put anything in the subject field, or leave this blank. The contents of the subject field will be used as the file title.
- If you want to, you can type a description of the file in the email body. This may be helpful for people who search to find your file.
- Attach one or more files to upload.
- Send the email.
- You will receive an email notification for each file uploaded, which will include a link to view the file.
- If there is more than one file attached to a single email, they will all have the same name although the links to them will be different. Log in to UniTube on a web browser once they are uploaded and give each file its own name or title by choosing 'Edit' next to the thumbnail image of the file on your 'My Media' page.