UniTube: Retirement of Service
Unitube is reaching the end of its service and will not be available beyond the end of 2018. We strongly encourage users to migrate their media to other hosting platforms such as Otago Podcasts, Otago Capture or external hosting services such as YouTube or Vimeo. For students of MART333 in 2018: Unitube is still available for you to upload your assignments to and you should follow the instructions provided by your teaching staff. If you require any assistance on migrating content or selecting a new hosting provider please contact the ITS Service Desk
There are two ways to provide access to video, audio, images or other media which have been uploaded to UniTube in Blackboard. The first way is to simply provide a link or URL, like this: http://unitube.otago.ac.nz/view?m=KOoX2byVu0t
- You can find the URL of your media file by clicking 'View media' on the 'My Media' page.
- Copy the link and paste it into your Blackboard site. In order to access the media, students click on the link.
The second way, which is often simpler for users and allows them to see the media in the context of your course is to embed the file. The correct embed 'code' is also available on the UniTube 'View media' page. For the same file above, it looks like this:
- In Blackboard, go to the 'Build Content' area where you normally add text, files or other items and create a new item.
- Give your new content a name.
- Look on the text editing tool bar (above where you normally just type text) and click on the button labelled <> . The text area changes colour and you will see in the text area.
- Paste the embed code from UniTube in the text area.
- Click on the <> tool again and you will see the media file directly embedded in the page.
- Click 'Save' and you will then see your new media item directly in Blackboard.